Silkie gender. All boys... or too early to tell? Picture heavy

It hasn’t been a month but they’re 11 weeks now so I thought I’d update their pictures. I also wondered if they’re supposed to be this small... I have a bantam and they’re smaller than him. I know they’re probably not done growing but they seem like they haven’t gotten any bigger.
floof
68F606AF-A83C-4133-9898-AF6CA4E8A706.jpeg

poof
CD398AFD-DFD2-49B1-8649-641E9D1FAA64.jpeg

boop
15E6E4C2-FF49-4CC5-A2B2-1AABB1CE3EAA.jpeg
beakers
10B5C431-616D-4DCE-83A7-C583F6ACC172.jpeg

bop
CEB093F9-B289-4FBB-9403-53222E45FA15.jpeg

Yay! I hope it stays that way so I get some girls in my flock. Are they of the right size? I know they’re considered bantam in the US but these guys are smaller than my bantam roo.
Try weighing them on a kitchen scale if you have one. Females weigh between 500 and 800 grams as adults, might give you an idea, yours still have some growing to do. Roos will be bigger in general in any breed. 😊

Is it too early to tell? I know they’re hard to sex, and I’ve never owned silkies, but everything looks like streamers to me. But that could just be me seeing things.
Silkies are hard to sex before 18 weeks old. They all look like hens to me but then again I have a roo named Muffin who I would of swore was a hen until 24 weeks old when "she" turned into a he.

Silkies are hard to sex before 18 weeks old. They all look like hens to me but then again I have a roo named Muffin who I would of swore was a hen until 24 weeks old when "she" turned into a he.
24 weeks!? Wow. I knew it took awhile for this breed but dang. From what I was reading online there were ways to tell when they were 11 weeks. But also that they were hard to sex. Very conflicting. But I’m fine waiting for them to mature. I just hope some are girls. I haven’t had the best luck hatching out girls.

Back
Top Bottom