Silkie Gender

JEREMIAH90

Hatching
Jun 17, 2017
My wife and I have a variety of chickens. We're first time chicken owners. We originally got what the feed store said were silkies. As she/he has gotten older we're thinking it may be a roo. We've tried looking up pictures to figure it out but were not quite sure what kind of silkie she/he is. My wife loves this little gal(were hoping) because we can't have roos where we live. If anyone has any insight it would be much appriciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 13
Is this a hatchery silkie, how old? I'm not accustomed to beardless silkies, which make wattles very apparent. FIrst off comb color is way wrong for any silkie and markings on neck make me feel it is a silkie mix.

They were not from a hatchery. My wife saw them at a feed store. She said all the guy told her was they were silkies. She had no clue what silkies were lol. She had been really wanting to raise chickens and got them. Not sure how old they are either. Our other chickens that we did get with birthdays and breed are about 2months old now but much bigger breed of chicken.

Just wanted to update everyone. Our mystery chicken is for sure a roo. We heard him this morning. :( sad news for the wife. That is for everyone's input and the info that has probably a mix. :D

Back
Top Bottom