silkie has green feet

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by trkcChick, Oct 26, 2009.

1. trkcChick

trkcChick Out Of The Brooder

Oct 19, 2009
    Culloden, GA
    I bought a silkie chick and as it has gotten older his feet and beak are green instead of black. I know that he is definitely not show quality, but is there something wrong with him?

Thanks,
    Rellina

2. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    He most likely has a mix of some sort in him--do you happen to have any pics?

I wouldn't think anything is wrong with him health wise as far as the green skin goes, but again, a pic would help! [​IMG]

3. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I had some silkie babies and posted the same thing on here. Some people said it was normal, said not. [​IMG] Wish I could help! [​IMG]

4. trkcChick

trkcChick Out Of The Brooder

Oct 19, 2009
    Culloden, GA
    this is some pics of my green silkie

his earlobes are green also

thanks,
    Rellina

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Wow!!!!! That's weird I think he is a cross of some sort [​IMG]

(but he is pretty) [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  6. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Here is the link to my old thread about my new babies! There were many different opinions. I had to unfortunately rehome mine and don't have them so I can't tell you how they look now. But there was one in there that had greenish legs and beak. I didn't get mine from a breeder or hatchery so there is always the possibility that the one was mixed, but they were advertised as pure. They were just some that someone was selling.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=163519&p=4

7. SilkieTime

SilkieTime Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Joelton Tn.
    My guess would be EE X Silkie

8. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    ARRRGH! Green legs do not an EE make!!! MANY breeds have willow (green) legs.

He is a Pet Quality silkie who has the gene for yellow skin and lacks the gene for black skin, as can be seen by his red comb & wattles.

Silkies are supposed to have turquoise earlobes.

Since he has silkie feathers, he is not a mix. Just poor quality for exhibition or meeting the standard.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by