1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

silkie hatching eggs 24+ blcks,blu,splsh,white,buff, some partridge

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mbrobbins, Oct 12, 2011.

1. mbrobbins

mbrobbins Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Powder Springs, ga
    . All my silkies are bearded, blue ear lobes, black skin 5 toes, birds are separated by color,I have no guarantee on the hatch rate,depends on the postal svc handling, and incubation methods, but I have good hatch rate here. I'm keeping my mother for the next two weeks, so no time for chicks this month These eggs have been collected up through today. I've been collecting between 8-13 eggs per day sometimes I get partridge chicks from my black pen but last batch of 15 that hatched, I got one partridge, has to be some hidden gene in there. I have a new buff pen, if any sent , they will extras for test eggs. I've had a friend that hatched all 6 buff eggs that I gave her on a test run. I just hatched 2 out of 3 today,one nice clear buff chick,.
    I ship priority mail with confirmation tracking #,and bubble wrap. I accept paypal at my email address [email protected] I have just added 4 pullets to the black and white pens, so since they have not tested fertile yet, I will add extras to make up for the eggs that might be laid by them.
    I ship to the lower 48 states.let me know if you want to have your post ofc to hold for pick up, and then I will need your tel # for the box Would like to mail these out on Saturday, so I need pmt same day auction ends,collected eggs thru today.No more than 4 days old, unless they are the extras.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Alena

Alena Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    Mary, I'm hoping to get this bid and get some of your buffs...[​IMG] I think some of my beauties I got from your eggs should start laying by next spring or so. They are just lovely!

3. mbrobbins

Mar 12, 2008
    Powder Springs, ga
    Thanks Alena for the update, glad you have some keepers. I do have 4 buff ladies and they have been laying almost 3-4 eggs per day, so if you are interested , I can try to include more buffs than some of the other colors.

4. mandelaykay

mandelaykay Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Southern maine
    Mary has some great birds.... I am growing out a few of her chicks now and they are looking very promising!! She does an excellent job packing eggs. I highly recommend her eggs!!! Thanks again for the eggs Mary!!
    <3 mandy

5. ParadisePoultry

ParadisePoultry Hey, I'm WALKIN' here !

Oct 19, 2009
    Paradise (Braham), Mn
    Throwing my hat in.....Really need MORE silkies

6. Alena

Alena Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    That would be awesome Mary! That is if I win the auction. It seems to be going up as we speak. I do have you say you have under priced your eggs in the past and am enjoying this auction.

Quote:

7. Alena

Alena Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    I totally agree with you! I love her birds!

Quote:

8. BeckyBird

BeckyBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    To add to the temptation, here are some photos of my "Mary Silkies".....the chicks were about 2 1/2 months old at the time of the photos. Now they are 3 months old, and they've only fluffed out more. I hatched 12, and every one of them are excellent. I'm a huge fan of her silkies, and you can see why.

2 1/2 months, with lots more filling out to do!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  9. mbrobbins

Mar 12, 2008
    Powder Springs, ga
    thanks for the pics of my grandkids! I love to see how they turn out. I can't raise but a few for myself for lack of space. my DH won't build me anymore pens
    the last coop was built last week and that is supposed to be the final one. Thanks for all your kind remarks.
    Mary

10. adkins90

adkins90 Truly Obsessed...

Jan 30, 2007
    Huntington, WV
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by