1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

silkie hatching eggs 24+blue,blck,white,buff,splsh,some partridge

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mbrobbins, Oct 19, 2011.

1. mbrobbins

mbrobbins Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Powder Springs, ga
    . All my silkies are bearded, blue ear lobes, black skin 5 toes, birds are separated by color,I have no guarantee on the hatch rate,depends on the postal svc handling, and incubation methods, but I have good hatch rate here. I'm keeping my mother for the next month, so no time for chicks. These eggs have been collected up through today. I've been collecting between 10-15 eggs per day sometimes I get partridge chicks from my black pen but last batch of 15 that hatched, I got one partridge, has to be some hidden gene in there. I have a new buff pen, will be extras. I've had a friend that hatched all 6 buff eggs that I gave her on a test run,all 6 hatched clear buff with vaulted skulls.
    I ship priority mail with confirmation tracking #,and bubble wrap. I accept paypal at my email address [email protected].
    I ship to the lower 48 states.let me know if you want to have your post ofc to hold for pick up, and then I will need your tel # for the box Would like to mail these out on Saturday, so I need pmt same day auction ends,collected eggs thru today.No more than 4 days old, unless they are the extras.Catdance buff roo over buff hens with great lines.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. countrygirl911

countrygirl911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    my second batch from you is going to hatch any day now

3. Alena

Alena Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    Hi Mary, are you coming to the Monroe show this weekend?

4. mbrobbins

Mar 12, 2008
    Powder Springs, ga
    Quote:Hi Alena,
    Yes, I'm planning on going. I'm not showing any silkies, it has been too cold to bathe them, so I'm showing 3 seramas, since I'm just going to spray them down and put some show sheen on them. I might bring some 4 wk old chicks, both seramas and silkies.

5. Alena

Alena Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    Yes, I'm planning on going. I'm not showing any silkies, it has been too cold to bathe them, so I'm showing 3 seramas, since I'm just going to spray them down and put some show sheen on them. I might bring some 4 wk old chicks, both seramas and silkies.

Yes this weather is crazy cold right now. I'm hoping the weekend is warmer for the show.

Are the silkie chicks buff by chance? [​IMG] My husband is going to kill me for this but I've been wanting some buff babies. hehe I'm going to try this auction and see if I mght get a chance at some eggs.

6. mandelaykay

mandelaykay Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Southern maine
    Hi Mary,

Just wanted to let you know that my chicks just hit 8 weeks and look GREAT!! They are really filling out. The 2nd batch never hatched thanks to hurricane Irene and a three day power outage:( But I am lovin my babies. I should have at least a few for the spring shows!! Thanks again,

Mandy

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  7. mbrobbins

Mar 12, 2008
    Powder Springs, ga
    Quote:Hi Mandy
    great to hear from you and I do hope you have some winners, at least I'm not competing in the shows in Maine! Lol

8. mbrobbins

Mar 12, 2008
    Powder Springs, ga

Yes this weather is crazy cold right now. I'm hoping the weekend is warmer for the show.

Are the silkie chicks buff by chance? [​IMG] My husband is going to kill me for this but I've been wanting some buff babies. hehe I'm going to try this auction and see if I mght get a chance at some eggs.

Hi Alena,
    I hatched 2 buff chicks, but I'm going to keep them, I've sold a lot of buff eggs, I'm just not hatching very many chicks right now, do to caring for my 95 yr old Mom off and on.I would like to hatch a batch of buff chicks for myself for next spring, just don't know when.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by