silkie hatching eggs 24+ include MOST White, balance BLCK,BLU,SPLASH

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mbrobbins, Aug 10, 2011.

1. mbrobbins

mbrobbins Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Powder Springs, ga
    All my silkies are bearded, blue ear lobes, black skin 5 toes, birds are separated by color, you will probably get white, black,blue,splash,,and sometimes partridge.I have no guarantee on the hatch rate,depends on the postal svc handling, and incubation methods, but I have good hatch rate here. I'm keeping my mother for the next two weeks, so no time for chicks this month and planning on a short vacation soon,. These eggs have been collected up through today. I've been collecting between 8-13 eggs per day sometimes I get partridge chicks from my black pen but last batch of 15 that hatched, I got one partridge, has to be some hidden gene in there.
    I ship priority mail with confirmation tracking #,and bubble wrap. I accept paypal at my email address [email protected] I have just added 4 pullets to the black and white pens, so since they have not tested fertile yet, I will add lots of extras to make up for the eggs that might be laid by them.
    I ship to the lower 48 states.let me know if you want to have your post ofc to hold for pick up, and then I will need your tel # for the box Would like to mail these out on Monday or if you prefer it, I can mail them on Saturday. thanks for your interest.
    collected eggs thru today.No more than 4 days old, unless they are the extras.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Silkie horsechick

Silkie horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Northwest Pennsylvania
    My babies are doing GREAT!
    I had an excellent hatch rate and even got 1 fluffier-than-usual partridge (my fav)- nice looking chick!

Very Happy.
    Thanks again.
    Obsessively Silkie
    (Geri)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  3. cherprit

cherprit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Hoping I win! I know it says mostly whites but I'm looking for some great splashes !

4. mbrobbins

Mar 12, 2008
    Powder Springs, ga
    Quote:Great to hear the good news. I usually get at least one partridge, and they always seem to have the biggest vaulted skull, and end up being the nicest,show quality, I just don't breed partridges, so I never keep them. A friend of mine buys every one that I have available.
    thanks for the update.
    Mary

5. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    This is my second time hatching Mary's Silkies. They are gorgeous babies. I just hatched 2 Partridge today along with White,Splash, Blue & Black. A GREAT assortment. Thank you !

6. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow...I am just looking (I can't stop!) and I don't have silkies but these are amazing looking. Just so beautiful...

7. Silkie horsechick

Apr 12, 2011
    Northwest Pennsylvania
    let me in on some more partridge.
    This is THE NICEST PARTRIDGE baby ever and I would like 10 more!

8. Silkie horsechick

Apr 12, 2011
    Northwest Pennsylvania
    not to say the others aren't super too,
    just my obsession with partridge! [​IMG]

9. mbrobbins

Mar 12, 2008
    Powder Springs, ga
    thank you all for the compliments, I'm proud of my silkies.

10. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    The eggs I got from Mary are due to hatch in six days. Incredibly, all 13 of the white eggs she sent are developing! Of the 17 BBS eggs there have only been 3 quitters. These are (so far) the most successful shipped eggs I have ever had.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by