Silkie Hatching Eggs Came in today !!! Who else is setting this week ??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickbrad24, Nov 21, 2014.

1. chickbrad24

chickbrad24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    So I'm incubating my very 1st clutch of eggs. I want to know who else is setting this week and what breeds.

I'm going to be setting 6 silkie eggs of various colors.
    I'm so excited !!! :celebrate. :weee

2. sherrihargrove

sherrihargrove Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2014
    I have 8 amauracans in the bator. 2 weeks to hatch, other eggs from a friend on Sunday or Monday this week on lockdown.

3. chickbrad24

Jun 18, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Sweet I just put my silkies in today and four ee mix eggs in. Let the count down begin !!! I'm really excited. And good luck with your hatch Sherrhiargrove.

4. latenighter

latenighter Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2014
    I have 7 production reds in the hatcher. They should hatch Sunday,but I'm expecting them to start tomorrow. I told myself I'm done until spring. Today my mother in law gave me a dozen eggs she got from a friend. They have been washed, refrigerated and I have no idea ow fresh they are. I debated on what to do,but the bator won! Just set them tonight so we will see.

5. chickbrad24

Jun 18, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    That's exciting I just set mine tonight as well estimated hatch date will be Dec 12th this is my 1st time incubating so there maybe some questions along the way. Keep me updated on the hatch !!

6. themadchicken

themadchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2012
    Lehi Utah
    I just put 13 Silkie/Sizzle eggs in a Mini Advanced 2 days ago. Going to try hatching without the turn disk. I am turning the eggs 3 times a day by hand. I have never tried hatching with manual egg turning so keeping my fingers crossed.

7. Debs55

Debs55 Chillin' With My Peeps

I just set 13 silkie/sizzle shipped eggs, 8 marans eggs and 4 of my own silkie eggs yesterday :)

8. chickbrad24

Jun 18, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Well I hope to see lots of pictures of everyone's chicks in December.

9. Kadjec

Kadjec Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2014
    Northern California
    We just added silkies to the bator this week. Looking forward to seeing everyone's new chicks in December too.

10. ftpagain

ftpagain Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2014
    [​IMG]i started my second hatching on thursday. i got a bunch of eggs from neighbors so they are mostly going to be mixed breeds. but there is a very good verity. pretty excited!!!!! [​IMG]

i wish i had some silkies to add. i only have one silkie hen right now and she is the coolest, the sassiest thing EVER. so much character! i also want some polish ones. so I'm just looking for affordable eggs around the area

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by