Silkie hatching her first eggs

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mb poultry, Feb 29, 2012.

1. mb poultry

mb poultry Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2012
    Southwest Virginia
    My little silkie started hatching her first eggs today. She has been patiently sitting on five eggs through all kinds of bad weather, and today I raised her wings and was greeted by two little heads peeking at me! I hope she hatches the other 3.[​IMG]

2. Cosmopolis Chick

Cosmopolis Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    Grays Harbor
    Isn't that a great moment?
    I'm an ol' lady and I cried when my Silkie hatched out 6 eggs this past summer.

I've had chickens for years but never a rooster and thus no newborn chicks.
    I bought fertile eggs for her and she was just the best Mama possible.

You can hear about the miracle of birth but nothing can touch actually seeing.
    I was awestruck.

3. mb poultry

Feb 10, 2012
    Southwest Virginia
    It is a miracle. I was raised with chickens and little diddles we called them. Now we are back to raising our children like we were. I have the first calf of the season due in a week, more little miracles for the children to see!

4. mammat

mammat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    columbus ohio
    That is awesome! Our little silkie in my avatar hatched out 8 full size eggs and they all hatched last Easter morning. Me and my kids cried too:D!

5. mb poultry

Feb 10, 2012
    Southwest Virginia
    She is cute! Wow, I didn't know they could cover that many! I may try more eggs as the weather warms. Oh, I forgot to mention she hatched out all 5 eggs! Four Silkies,.... and an accidental RIR.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by