Silkie hen + Frizzle Roo = ? (1 month update)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sweeterdeeter42, Jun 10, 2011.

1. sweeterdeeter42

sweeterdeeter42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    My silkie hen and my frizzle cochin rooster made a baby. What are all the possibilities of what it could end up being when it feathers out?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    It's so cute!!! I'm not an expert, but I can definately tell you it is going to be fluffy.

3. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    I think they call those Sizzles and they are very cute - and that is a real cutie.

deb g

4. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    A CHICKEN!!! (Really, have no idea, but I couldn't resist!) Congratulations! So cute!

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    50% chance of frizzled feathering; 0% chance of silkie feathering. Likely has a walnut comb; doesn't look to have inherited dark skin (although it should have).

6. sweeterdeeter42

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    Quote:It also doesnt have 5 toes.... Has to have come from my silkie though, as it came from her egg. [​IMG]

7. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    frizzled or sizzled but not silkied (it doesn't rhyme so it can't be it lol [​IMG] )

8. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    What a cutie pie!!!! Keep us posted!!!!! [​IMG] We want to have all of the updates!!!

9. critterranch

critterranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Red Creek, New York
    i've been breeding a red frizzle bantam cochin roo to my black silkie hen. here are the babies i've been getting

yellow skin 4 toes red chipmuck in color bearded
    yellow skin 5 toes red chipmunk in color bearded
    dark skin 4 toes black bearded
    dark skin 5 toes black bearded

yellow skin to black skin is 50/50
    frizzled to regular feathers 50/50
    walcomb combs 100%

so far i have hatched 30 or so.

the frizzle usually starts to show at 5 days and really show bt 7-8 days so shouldn't be that long of a wait

10. sweeterdeeter42

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    I just found two more chicks in the coop.. But these look like they are from my half silkie-half blue Andalusian bantam hen, still frizzle roo though. They have a strange single comb that has a double single at the back. Black skin, but only 4 toes. One is black, the other is black and brown.

The picture is of the first one from two days ago that is white, and then the black one is running away, and the brown and black one is looking at the camera. The black one is starting to get its wing feathers, but the white one still is not even at all. And I am pretty sure the brown and black one is a recent hatch, as it is not all fluffed yet.
    [​IMG]

The parents: A white Silkie hen, a Blue Andalusian Silkie mix hen, and a bantam cochin frizzle rooster.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by