Silkie hen showing signs of possible worms/coccidiosis

agold23

Songster
May 25, 2021
I have a silkie hen, mom to 1 chick who’s about 4 weeks old. I noticed yesterday evening she was still and if she did walk it was very slow. She stayed on the nest extra long this morning, I brought her out and she took a few steps before taking a normal looking poop. I haven’t seen her eat or drink yet. She had a second tiny watery poop after. We had already treated my flock of 7 for coccidiosis after my lavender orpington hen was displaying similar symptoms about a month ago (eyes closed, puffed up, lethargic, still) with amprolium for 5 days and she was back to normal after 6/7. I don’t know if it actually was coccidiosis or a coincidence she got better after treatment.

I just went outside to check on them again and she was hunched over with her head by her wing and the chick under her breast. It’s obvious she’s not feeling well. Any advice? Should I go ahead with the treatment for cociddiosis or should I find treatment for worms too?

Have you seen these two articles?
Treating Coccidiosis with Corid, Amprol, AmproMed  - The Correct Amprolium Dose

Treating Coccidiosis with Corid, Amprol, AmproMed - The Correct Amprolium Dose

Treating Coccidiosis with Corid, Amprol, AmproMed The Correct Amprolium Dose Treatment 20% Powder 9.6% Liquid For 3-5 days 1.5 teaspoons per gallon 2 teaspoons per gallon then for 7-14 days 1/3 teaspoon per gallon 1/2 teaspoon per gallon When treating coccidisosis in my own birds I...
Corid Amprolium Oral Drench Instructions

Corid Amprolium Oral Drench Instructions

When treating a bird for coccidiosis one can give an oral drench in addition to their medicated water. Here are the instructions: 9.6% liquid - Do not dilute Give 0.1 ml per pound of body weight orally once or twice a day for 1-3 days. or 0.02 ml per 100 grams of body weight orally once or...

Back
Top Bottom