Silkie Hen...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by c0dywhite, Jan 27, 2013.

1. c0dywhite

c0dywhite Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2012
    Organ Cave, WV
    I have a White Silkie Hen that Laid this morning & wont come out of the pen. She will come out of the dog house where she laid the egg, but won't leave the pen & when I walk that way she ran back to the dog house. Does this mean she want to go broody? She had another White Silkie Hen in there with her & a little Buff Silkie & a Buff Silkie Rooster.

2. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Not sure if it means she wants to go broody or if she is just scared today for some reason. Today when I fed/watered my Silkie flock I left their door open because it was easier, and all but two of my flock went on a tour of the barn, the last two are just too timid to venture out. When I had a hen go broody, she sat on the eggs and would not get up, for pretty much anything! Silly little girls anyway LOL!

3. c0dywhite

Dec 29, 2012
    Organ Cave, WV
    Lol. I just looked out the window & shes out in the pen. Idk what she's gonna do, but I hope she does o broody. I've never had a Ben go broody before. Lol

4. c0dywhite

Dec 29, 2012
    Organ Cave, WV
    I lied my guinea hen went broody last spring, but everytime she made a nest something would get into it. Bc she always lays somewhere like bushes & stuff.

5. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Yes it is fun watching a mama hen raise up some chicks. I had a lot of fun with mine but at the same time I was a nervous wreck so I decided not to do it again! LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by