Silkie Hobby in Local Newspaper.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by feather leg farms, Dec 19, 2010.

1. feather leg farms

feather leg farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    Hello everyone,

My family and friends have been telling me to talk to my mom's friend that works at the post here in Salisbury, about doing a article on my silkie hobby. So I contacted my mom's friend and she handed it over to the editior. Well a week later our friends co-worker contacted me. She came today and wrote down alot of information on my silkies and how i do the care and what is done for showing and also that im a member on ASBC, and my mom's the NC state rep for asbc....If anyone wishes to follow my story please pm me and i'll get you the information on where to find it. I hope this was interesting for all of you to know. The lady took awesome pictures of my silkies, and im going to get copies of all of them.

Thanks,
    Cheyenne Plummer (Feather Leg Farms)
    http://www.salisburypost.com/News/122810-Plummer-silkie-chickens-qcd

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  2. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    Quote:Cool! My local news did an interview with someone who was keeping chickens illegally nearby. In my town, it's legal to have chickens, but I don't know anyone else who keeps urban chickens, or anyone who's kind of a crazy chicken person like most of us BYCers [​IMG] They did that article when people were trying to legalize chickens in two cities near me, but they didn't approve it [​IMG] ....Sorry, I kind of got off subject! Anyway, congrats! Maybe you'll even recruit some new BYCers or chicken-raisers! [​IMG]

3. feather leg farms

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    It's ok you got off subject!! I don't know what all she'll put in there! Maybe BYC

4. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    [​IMG] way to go Cheyenne!! you know I want the link

5. feather leg farms

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
  6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Thats wonderful Cheyenne! [​IMG]