Silkie i bought at pensacola show on saturday.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chknlitl, May 25, 2010.

1. chknlitl

chknlitl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2010
    Northwest Florida
    My family went to the Pensacola show this past saturday to buy some quail. My wife saw some silkies and was asked if she wanted to hold one. When i saw the look on her face when she had that chicken in her arms i knew my quail budget had just went to the nosebleed section. After i got it home and learned which end was which, i thought i had been sold a pomeranian. I never knew a chicken could have such a personality. If they had chicken academy awards our new "Carmen" would win most personality and best dressed awards. I just wanted to say thanks to Charlie and Mary Beth for selling us an award winning Silkie.

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Im sure in time you wont regret the purchase...They really are full of personality.

I have only ever really owned 1 chicken- as the webbed footed poultry are my passion..A silkie who is now about 11 weeks old...just the sweetest thing.. It still lives inside the house, as I really have no idea about where it is going to live when it is permanently outside.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by