Silkie in distress!!!!

SisterSquad

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2021
I have the sweetest little black silkie, Melania. She has been acting very strange the last two days. Isolating herself from her friends. Laying down a lot, not really eating. I checked for lice did not see anything. She does have these plucked feathers from the top of her head. I’m new to the world of hens, she’s about 14 weeks. My sons love her, she is their baby. I need to get her feeling better. Please help!

Attachments

• A17799B0-DECD-43DF-9F29-B8F2ADB7ADC8.jpeg
    A17799B0-DECD-43DF-9F29-B8F2ADB7ADC8.jpeg
    534.4 KB · Views: 29
  • DE693D0E-1CC9-4D66-BCF5-4C0B561146B6.jpeg
    DE693D0E-1CC9-4D66-BCF5-4C0B561146B6.jpeg
    525.9 KB · Views: 10
I have the sweetest little black silkie, Melania. She has been acting very strange the last two days. Isolating herself from her friends. Laying down a lot, not really eating. I checked for lice did not see anything. She does have these plucked feathers from the top of her head. I’m new to the world of hens, she’s about 14 weeks. My sons love her, she is their baby. I need to get her feeling better. Please help!
Silkies have a vaulted skull, one hard peck on their head can be fatal. Do you have a rooster or cockerel?

Oh no. I'm so sorry. Silkies are the sweetest little birds so I totally understand the love y'all have for this sweetheart. How are her poops looking? What does she eat, including treats? How many flockmates does she have and are they all the same age and size? Have you checked her crop first thing in the morning to make sure it's functioning properly?

Oh no. I'm so sorry. Silkies are the sweetest little birds so I totally understand the love y'all have for this sweetheart. How are her poops looking? What does she eat, including treats? How many flockmates does she have and are they all the same age and size? Have you checked her crop first thing in the morning to make sure it's functioning properly?
x2

Silkies have a vaulted skull, one hard peck on their head can be fatal. Do you have a rooster or yes
Silkies have a vaulted skull, one hard peck on their head can be fatal. Do you have a rooster or cockerel?
I think my showgirl naked neck is a cockerel. Ugh oh no. i hope she heals. I have her isolated and trying to get her to drink water. 😭

I think my showgirl naked neck is a cockerel. Ugh oh no. i hope she heals. I have her isolated and trying to get her to drink water. 😭
Have you started a thread asking for opinions on the gender of the showgirl? If s/he’s 14 weeks as well some people here might be able to give you some insight on gender.
Keeping this chick isolated but within view of the flock is a good idea. That way when she’s better the reintroduction isn’t as harsh on her.

Back
Top Bottom