Silkie--is he messy paint or a tri-colour???

paris_r

Songster
8 Years
Apr 24, 2011
Nolanville TX

these are pics of my silkie roo 'Muppet'. He is from a show line but I am unsure if he is good (I think he is too leggy-but he is my best). his colour bothers me though, he always looks dirty. he came with a paint and a partridge -and looks like he may have both in him-is he a tri-colour paint? I am pretty sure he is not a splash since he throws paint and black babies (with a hatchery black hen-who probably doesnt have paint in her). the brown is limited to hackles and saddles. his beard is missing from me plucking it. let me know what you think about his conformation too -if he is worth showing I will try it.

0.jpg

here are 3 of his babies at 3 months old, there were 2 blacks and 3 paints in the clutch. i am hoping the paints don't go 'dirty' like him.

Hmm okay I've been reading up on it as I'm really not familiar with the colour. Your rooster looks like a paint to me but from what I can understand your hen would have to have to paint gene as well for you to be getting painted chicks. I actually found a thread especially for painted silkies if you ask there you should definitely get a better answer than I can give you.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/429754/the-american-paint-silkie/1790

Back
Top Bottom