Silkie(ish) rooster free to good home - Va

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Barred Rocker, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Barred Rocker

Barred Rocker cracked egg

Jul 15, 2009
    King and Queen Co, Va
    I have a Silkie rooster mix that I needs another home. A friend gave me all his chickens including the rooster because he couldn't care for them anymore. Most of my chickens are barred rocks, buff orpingtons and an assortment of rir and white leghorns but I haven't really gotten into the silkies just yet. I do have 6 chicks that he fathered so he does his duty, he also does an excellent job taking care of the hens when I let them free range, seriously he herds them like a sheepdog and brings them home to roost at dusk. The only downside is he sometimes runs up from behind and bats my legs I usually ingore him and he struts off all proud of himself but he's a good rooster and I'd rather see him with a harem of his own. I can deliver for the price of fuel up to 50 miles.

[​IMG]

2. catwalk

catwalk Songster

May 19, 2009
    He looks like a real character! Hope he gets a good home!

3. CHIC

CHIC Songster

Aug 18, 2009
    Roanoke
    I am looking for a pair of Barred Rocks, a pair of Buff Orpingtons and a female White Leghorn.... I would be interested in your roo if you had any of these to sell. I am in Roanoke, Va... I have no idea where you are.. do you know how far it is?

4. Barred Rocker

Barred Rocker cracked egg

Jul 15, 2009
    King and Queen Co, Va
    Roanoke is about a 4 hour drive from me, unfortunately I'm not parting with any of the pairs you mentioned. I'm really trying clear out the mutts I have so I can concentrate on BR, BO and Delawares. I have 4 pullets that are mixed with the rooster that I'm trying part with that can go with him if anyone's interrested. Can provide pics, they're pretty unique looking.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: