Silkie juvenile running continuously

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Lana Del Pollo, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Lana Del Pollo

Lana Del Pollo Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2014
    He free ranges with two other fellow silkies and there are 3 older juvenile mutts the free range in the same area. I found him separate from the others hiding under a bit of Styrofoam. He runs as if being chased continuously when I set him down on the ground now and It's been about an hour and a half since I found him. Initially I thought he was attacked and got away uninjured. Now I'm starting to worry it's something more serious. PLEASE HELP. I'm uploading a video currently and I'll post a link when it's done. I got really slow internet.

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Are any of the other juvenile mutts, cockerels that are perhaps going after him because he is a cockerel? He could be getting bullied by them and be afraid. Sometimes they won't get enough to eat and drink when those things are going on with more dominate males. This may or may not be your problem, but I usually put out extra water and food bowls so that all get a chance to get enough.

1 person likes this.
  3. Lana Del Pollo

Lana Del Pollo Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2014
    Guess I just overreacted he's fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by