Silkie Ladder!

B_Chickle01

Songster
Nov 11, 2020
Stephentown,Ny
Trying to train silkie to go up and down ladder. I hired it with bricks theres more then enough stairs and no kind of “lip” shed have to hop over. So I wanted to add some of that anti slip cabinet liner i happen to have some left was wondering what to use to apply it?! My fiance misplaced staple gun so trying to figure out what else to use.. then eventually wanted to try to get her to roost especially now that we are battling a newly discovered(to us its new to them I think over summer when neighnor had exterminator at his house!)rat issue. And Ive been so stressed about everything

Make a ramp?
I could but all the other chickens are already using the ladder we have in both of our coops so Im trying to make adjustments to the ladder we have first before hand ya know? If I exhausted all options and have to then obviously will. But Im going to try no slip cabinet liner. I saw “no skid” rug pad stuff at Walmart kind of same thing but I feel a little less slippery. Was curious if anyones ever tried it and was successful.

I could but all the other chickens are already using the ladder we have in both of our coops so Im trying to make adjustments to the ladder we have first before hand ya know? If I exhausted all options and have to then obviously will. But Im going to try no slip cabinet liner. I saw “no skid” rug pad stuff at Walmart kind of same thing but I feel a little less slippery. Was curious if anyones ever tried it and was successful.
I get that but silkies can't fly or barely jump, so I'm not sure not slip would help. Have you consider something like ladder stairs?

I get that but silkies can't fly or barely jump, so I'm not sure not slip would help. Have you consider something like ladder stairs?
She can fly/jump some. Ive been trying to train her and if I get her up to at least the 3rd step(sometimes if shes not in mood 2nd) she’ll fly right up its adorable. But thats what this is.. attached photo for you to see. Unless you mean something else? Was thinking then inside ill build her a little ladder or ramp to roost higher with her D’Uccle friend she shares a coop with. The other Silkies passed that she was hatched and shared a coop with so now its just her and my D’Uccle and the D’Uccle roosts..And she always was in a little rugby huddle on the ground with the other two Silkie ladies so now she doesnt have them to snuggle:hit

Attachments

• BBBDC56F-B5AF-473C-BA97-47BA991FBB3F.jpeg
    BBBDC56F-B5AF-473C-BA97-47BA991FBB3F.jpeg
    553.3 KB · Views: 9
She can fly/jump some. Ive been trying to train her and if I get her up to at least the 3rd step(sometimes if shes not in mood 2nd) she’ll fly right up its adorable. But thats what this is.. attached photo for you to see. Unless you mean something else? Was thinking then inside ill build her a little ladder or ramp to roost higher with her D’Uccle friend she shares a coop with. The other Silkies passed that she was hatched and shared a coop with so now its just her and my D’Uccle and the D’Uccle roosts..And she always was in a little rugby huddle on the ground with the other two Silkie ladies so now she doesnt have them to snuggle:hit

find a wooden board and screw it in the midle of your existing ladder.

Hi thanks for the tag. No I don't. The only accomandation is that the roosts are lower and the ramp is more grip-ey
Tomorrow its going to be nice out Im going to fix her ladder. Do you think no slip cabinet liners (attached below)will suffice? Or what do you use for “grip-ey”? I have little floor roosts that came with smaller coop we have I just put them back in but I was thinking I can make her a little ramp to get up to roost with D’Uccle. Maybe a little lower.. I noticed all D’Uccles Ive ever had like to roost high. Higher the better. I just feel bad for her now that shes the only Silkie left. And is now taking to nesting boxes😒trying to break her of that habit STAT.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom