silkie lavender or splash

catwalk

Songster
10 Years
May 19, 2009
If somebody sold you a lavender chick, they'd surely let you know, and then charge you triple! Spread out the wing feathers; are they uniform in color? Here's my splash chick, for comparison:

Yours looks a lot lighter that mine; could be lavender!

Hangin Wit My Peeps

AutumnBreezeChickens.com
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Birnamwood, Wisconsin
I ended up with a lavender out of my bunch and it's super light. I will try to get pictures. I have to go to work soon so won't be today. I will send you some when I get them.

Three Cedars Silkies

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Gainesville, Fl.
The coloring of each feather (including the shaft) should be absolutely uniform in a lavender. There should not be some feathers darker than others. Photos sometimes belie what you can only tell in person.

My avatar is a lavender cockerel at abou 4 1/2 months. His tail feathers APPEAR darker but they really aren't...it's just because there are a LOT of them in that area. The shaft of all of his feathers are uniform with no dark spots or a dark line down the shaft that is typical in blues and splashes.

cjexotic

Cj's Mandarin Ducks
11 Years
Mar 11, 2008
Central PA
Well from that shot it looks like a lavender.
But that is right about spreading the wings out and see if the color is uniform. From here it does. You go girl.. And no I did not charge her triple. lol

edit: forgot to say.. boy is it cute.. hope it turns out to be a lavender for you. Many have gotten from my eggs.. maybe you did also.
woohoo..

Last edited:

Top Bottom