Silkie...male or female?

Well there is no exact number for everyone circumstances can be different but the general rule of thumb is 10 hens to 1 rooster. Roosters that are raised together can get along, you’ll have to wait and see if you don’t plan on getting more females.🙂

Well there is no exact number for everyone circumstances can be different but the general rule of thumb is 10 hens to 1 rooster. Roosters that are raised together can get along, you’ll have to wait and see if you don’t plan on getting more females.🙂
I may have to separate one of the barred roosters from the flock then.He is just very crazy!!! He picks on my dog while she tries to eat He comes at us like I'm not afraid of him he just has very bad behavior. He even jumps at myself and my husband when we try to make him behave .He sits at my windows pecking .lol.Im afraid I may have to get rid of him because I'm afraid he will my black silkie.

Pippin's easy guide to silkie sexing

Pippin's easy guide to silkie sexing

Hello there! When I hatched my own silkies, I studied and studied about how to sex them. I read that it was almost impossible to sex them, and that you had to wait for a crow or an egg. Raising and watching them helped me pick out certain traits that only belong to roosters or hens. These...

I may have to separate one of the barred roosters from the flock then.He is just very crazy!!! He picks on my dog while she tries to eat He comes at us like I'm not afraid of him he just has very bad behavior. He even jumps at myself and my husband when we try to make him behave .He sits at my windows pecking .lol.Im afraid I may have to get rid of him because I'm afraid he will my black silkie.
I'm guessing Il probably need to go get a few more isa brown.🤔
They are my favorite breed !

Sounds like he needs to go.

Back
Top Bottom