Silkie missing...sob

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ozark hen, Aug 27, 2007.

1. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    When we put the chickens up last night I took a head count as I usually do every night. One was missing. I tried not to panic as I carefully went through the breeds to see who was missing. Much to my dismay!!! One of my silkies!! [​IMG] It was my first loss of the flock! We searched the yard and bushes with flashlights but they always stuck together like glue and if parted continued to cheep. No sound/ no silkie. [​IMG] It was just getting dusk out.
    My dh has to leave at 3:30 a.m. and I took a flashlight out to the shed where he was getting his motorcycle out to get some dog food. On my way to the shed I saw a dark spot on the grass, I went to it and there was my silkie just roosting in the grass all by himself and the grass was damp with dew. I grabbed him and was so very grateful to have found him. :aww I snuggled him and wanted to take him in the house with me but I took him into the shed and put him on the roost with the others. Little guy clung to me for a few minutes..for warmth I think as they usually don't let me catch them. I was able to keep the flashlight in his face to pick him up out of the grass. So a happy ending to this story. [​IMG]

2. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Oh I am so glad you found him safe. [​IMG]

3. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww,,,,I love these ending![​IMG]

4. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    [​IMG] thank you I am very happy myself. [​IMG]

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Ohhh, jeesh!! What a great ending. So glad the dogs needed food!!

6. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Deb, I said a prayer of thanks that I went out to get dog food when I did. It was dark and I wanted to do it while my dh was still home as the dogs were ready to eat. LOL I was so very grateful to find her. I finally got hold of each of them tonight and held them and looked at their faces really good. The one that was outside all night is a hen and the little white one is a hen and the tall one, Ty Pennington, is my little rooster...I think as he has a comb between on the top of his beak but the other two have nothing that I can see but feathers.

7. doghamstyluv95

doghamstyluv95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    Im glad you found your silkie! [​IMG]

8. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    glad baby silkie was okay [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Glad to hear the happy ending!