1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkie mix pullet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bappl, Feb 25, 2016.

1. bappl

bappl Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi guys! I have one more chick that I need your expertise on. I have a Silkie mix. She's probably five weeks old. I can see the beginning of waddles, but just barely and I believe they're flesh colored. She doesn't have any comb that I can see. I have zero experience with Silkies and their characteristics. Here's a picture of her. Do you agree that she's a pullet?

2. bappl

I don't know why but I keep trying to post a picture but it won't let me.

3. Carter M

Carter M Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2015
    I don't think anyone can help you because silkies are one of the hardest breeds to sex, even when they are much older.

4. Roxannemc

Roxannemc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    SE Missouri

Can you put it in preview then post from there? 5 weeks is really young to guess on silkies or even a mix.Silkies are hard

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  5. Rhodebar Lover

Rhodebar Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North
    The picture isn't working :) It's still pretty young though. For pure Silkies you can usually tell when they're around 12 weeks old.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    no picture [​IMG]

7. bappl

Yea, that's what I was saying in my post. I have no idea why it wouldn't post the picture. I tried to post it five times. But it just wouldn't work.

8. Rhodebar Lover

Rhodebar Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North
    Are you trying to post from your mobile device or computer? For some reason it won't let me post pictures in mobile mode on my iPhone, but if I switch it to desktop mode it works. [​IMG]

9. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Mine too. It'll say the image is embedding, and then it just doesn't. I can post pics from my phone if i switch from mobile to desktop, but its such a pain, so I do it on the computer.

10. bappl

[​IMG]
    Here is a picture of her. I just took this today. Thanks for the tip on using desktop mode! It worked!;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by