Silkie mix ???

HardisonsHens

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 28, 2012
North Carolina

Could anyone tell me what breed the cutie may be ? She has the blue cheeks like my silkies and has five toes with the feathered feet but everywhere else on her is feathers.Any ideas ?!

The silkie characteristics tend to be so dominant it can be hard to tell what they're mixed with. All I can say for sure is I don't think the other half is Cochin, not with that upright build and tail. Other than that, it's anyone's guess. She's a cute little thing and will probably lay light brown eggs. She may be a good broody momma also.

The silkie characteristics tend to be so dominant it can be hard to tell what they're mixed with. All I can say for sure is I don't think the other half is Cochin, not with that upright build and tail. Other than that, it's anyone's guess. She's a cute little thing and will probably lay light brown eggs. She may be a good broody momma also. 

Yes if she's anything like my silkie Woodstock now know as"Lil Momma"then I'm sure she will be lol

You know, if you get too many broodies you can always box them up and ship them to me! My "mommacita" is getting up in years, I just hope she continues to want to brood each year!

Here's how much she wanted to nest before....it was November and I was sick, one of the only times I didn't want chicks. I took all the nests out of her little coop, so she tried to brood in the feeder
tongue.png
. Poor little thing.

You know, if you get too many broodies you can always box them up and ship them to me! My "mommacita" is getting up in years, I just hope she continues to want to brood each year! Here's how much she wanted to nest before....it was November and I was sick, one of the only times I didn't want chicks. I took all the nests out of her little coop, so she tried to brood in the feeder :p . Poor little thing.
Now that is just precious
1f495.png

Back
Top Bottom