1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkie Mix

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by azqhcowgirl, Aug 24, 2013.

1. azqhcowgirl

azqhcowgirl Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2012
    I traded two chicks for two silkies. One is a beautiful black pullet and the other is Oddball. She is the most unique chicken I have ever seen. Supposedly 4-6 months old. Pink skin, slate/black legs, 4 toes, funky comb, short and stubby body, really long neck and almost bare backside. Any clue what she could be crossed with? Banty of some kind? She is the same size as my 3 month old white silkie pullet.[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Agree that Oddball is a good name for that chicken. Mix of something like silkie X naked neck? She doesn't look like a frazzle or whatever you call a double frizzle? And I guess another question is she doesn't have mites or something messing with her feathers?

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    She looks like a sizzle that has the silkie feather gene

4. chesterbarton78

chesterbarton78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2013
    England
    silkie cross frizzle mother and a naked neck parent

silkie x frizzle x naked neck

5. azqhcowgirl

azqhcowgirl Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2012
    Thank you all for the replies. She sure has had me stumped as to what she was. She sure has grown on me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by