Silkie mixes??? *new pictures in OP*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MamaM, Apr 29, 2011.

1. MamaM

MamaM Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2011
    I just picked these chickens up this afternoon...I'm not sure what type they are. Any ideas? The lady said they were about 1 year old and lay 1 egg each a day. One has some feathers on it's legs/feet and more puffy feather on her head on top of her head. The other has some puff to the top of her head...but not feather on her feet. Thanks!

Here are some better pictures [​IMG] So far (since yesterday morning) I've gotten 3 eggs....so I'm certain they are both girlies [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  2. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    [​IMG]
    Post a couple of times and it should work or you can use photo bucket or something similar to post pictures. Can't wait to see your chicks! [​IMG]

3. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    You go to uploads and click on browse, look through your files and choose the pics you want then click on it and then go under the browse button and click upload or something like that and the when it upload click go back and then click my uploads and copy the image code and past it on you post. Good luck

4. MamaM

MamaM Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2011
    [​IMG] thanks! I've been lurking for awhile and finally signed up to post for help. You guys are a wealth in information!

5. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    [​IMG] Well, the one with a 'puff' on it's head may be a polish.. check out breeds then go to Polish to see if it looks the same [​IMG]. Goodluck

6. MamaM

MamaM Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2011
    I'll need some advice soon on combining younger chickens with these two 1 year hens. I have three chicks (2 barred rocks, 1 white rock) and they are about 3.5 weeks old...in that awkward funny looking phase. But I adore them [​IMG] never thought I'd get so attached to them so quickly! My kiddos named them..the white rock is Princess Leia and the barred rocks are Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. I tried telling my son (3) that those two are boy names..but he insisted lol!

7. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    [​IMG] Awesome! Well, here's how I do it..
    I have two, two year old hens,
    Then the other 6 under a year old.. they get together fine [​IMG].

But, when I was giving away my roopster, the lady said you should introduce them in the night [​IMG]
    But, I let them both (Both different groups chicks and hens) Free range for a bit.. then after they get to 'know' each other.. then yeah. xD But, their will be some pecking.. maybe a little blood. They're just trying to esablish their pecking order (I think [​IMG]) Lol, anyhow hope I helped a bit.. goodluck!

8. MamaM

MamaM Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2011
    Here's a picture of my ladies
    [​IMG]

Oh, I checked on them after work....and they were both sleeping in the nesting box together.....???

9. Cat Water

Cat Water That Person

Jul 4, 2010
    Mid Coast Maine
    Well they're blue somethings...

Can we get a closer picture of their combs?

10. Highland Moongazer

Highland Moongazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Marshall, NC
    They look like adorable silkie mixes to me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by