Silkie Mixes?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ichicken, Oct 5, 2010.

1. ichicken

ichicken New Egg

Oct 5, 2010
    Any one have any pics of there Silkie mixes? also please let me know what there mixed with.

2. Zip

Zip Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    I have a couple Silkie X Black Breasted Red Old English Game chicks, I don't have any pictures of them yet, but they look like the OEG's except they are white.

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I have a lot of silkie X bantam cochins, once the video I'm loading to photobucket finishes loading I'll post some pics of them [​IMG]

4. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I just hatched 2 more silkies last week.The 3rd one is a color of one of my roo's black.The other 2 are odd.My hen is basicaly red/tan mix color.I have 4 roo's one black the other's mix colors. I have been free ranging all summer everyone and Im just wondering which of my other bantam roo's was Busy. I think they are Gorgeous!Maybe I can get some pic's tomm.They are just babie's yet and look like silkie's but none of my roo silkies or hen color.

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Silkie X bantam cochin (mama is white silkie, daddy is black mottled cochin)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  6. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I went down and snapped a couple since quite here.I think the darker color one maybe a silver duckwing daddy.Those are the only birds I have that hatch with chipmunk striping. Not sure about the lighter color one yet.I had red pyle roo's too and columbian bantam wyandotte in same area so....And one white cochin roo. [​IMG] But I love them They SOOO Cute and Fuzzy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I have some, I'll find pictures. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by