Silkie Mothership spotted in Stephenville, TX

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cuban Longtails, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Apparently they left witnesses this time, because the whole town is in an uproar. Maybe it's a rogue ship getting sloppy by zooming in too close. I heard about it on the radio this morning.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22656172/

2. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Oh, didn't you hear? That was just an illusion caused by a reflection. Guess they can't use the weather balloon theory anymore, so had to come up with something else [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ah.. do you think the first place they will pinpoint will be Silkie owners? Glad I don't have any (ut oh.. already have my order in with a friend.. should be getting the eggs this week... [​IMG] )

Ok you silkie owners: watch closely for signs of bizaare behavior, marching in unison, and efforts to round you up and put YOU in the henhouse... The World Takeover has begun.

Meghan

Can you imagine how paranoid we sound to someone who doesn't know? [​IMG]

3. eggcetra_farms

eggcetra_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    I read about this yesterday. I'm nowhere near where this happened (I'm in San Antonio). Someone said he estimated it to be a mile long by half mile wide..........how in the world is that supposed to be an illusion? I don't know how I feel about UFOs, etc., but that explanation sounded a little off to me.

4. frankenchick

frankenchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Benton Twp., Michigan
    Silkie Mothership, my left foot!

Nora Batty, Miss Prissy, and Shorty told me:
    1) it's a SLW mothership
    2) I should wrap my head in foil

I figure they should know. So there!

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

LOL!!!

6. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Of course the authorities are going to say it was a reflection that caused people to see something [​IMG]

I'd like to know more about this story. I've seen some strange things in the sky, stilll not sure what I saw. But I have an open mind. I wonder if the story will get squashed.

7. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I found the "explanation" lacking myself. I also thought it was amusing that the Air Force is saying they do not investigate UFO sightings, but the witnesses claim they saw jets chasing after it.

My two silkies haven't started acting suspicious yet, but I'm keeping an eye on them just in case. I don't have to worry about the SLW 'cause I don't have any of those..... yet... [​IMG]

8. MiniDriver

MiniDriver Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Silkies travel in ball lightning? What clever chooks!

9. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    [​IMG] It's all that hair, perfect for static electricity storms!

10. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:I would like to know more myself. My online search just showed basically the same article over and over again. I may look into that UFO research group that's mentioned.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by