Silkie not gaining weight :(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kara13, Sep 5, 2016.

1. kara13

kara13 New Egg

Sep 5, 2016
    Hello! I have happy chickens that I've raised since chicks, they al seem relatively active and healthy.

They are about 5 months old and I have one little lady who has never gained weight like the others and is much smaller and skinnier.

Starting to wonder if it's worms, parasites or she is sick. Can anyone give me any advice on how to find out and what treatment options are. I love her so much and want her to be happy and warm through the winter.

She seems happy, eats good and has energy. It may be nothing, but I definitely am concerned.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Photos below, she is the white one...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

it could be worms, but if shes healthy and acting normal, then you shouldn't worry. if she starts to act weird then you should start to worry a bit

3. kara13

kara13 New Egg

Sep 5, 2016
    Great, thanks for the help. Do you happen to know of an anti paracite remedy that you can do at home?

4. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

some people use DE but do some research to see what you think will work best

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by