Silkie Not Moving Face Down Australia

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ObamaPharell, Oct 25, 2014.

1. ObamaPharell

ObamaPharell New Egg

Oct 25, 2014
    One of my silikies have gotten slow Over days but now she won't move at all and is face down what should I do (she's still breathing and her leg twitches a little)

2. chooks4life

chooks4life Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    Bit late in the day to spend time trying to guess, sorry, if you can I'd take her to a vet and see what they reckon. By the time we've completed the necessary back-and-forth of eliminatory questions, she could well be beyond help or even dead.

Normally, when asking for help with a sick chook, people ask about what her poops are like, if her crop feels blocked up, stuff like that, but she's already in a dire state. A vet, if you can afford one, is your best bet now.

Sorry. Wish you all the best with her. Also, hello and [​IMG]

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Welcome to BYC. Is your silkie still alive? How old is it? I would suspect coccidiosis or dehydration, if there wasn't an injury. If you have chick vitamins with electrolytes, I would dip it's beak in the water letting it swallow, and keep doing this as often as possible, while getting the chickens warm under a heat lamp. Is there any diarrhea, or has this chicken been eating and drinking normally?

4. ObamaPharell

ObamaPharell New Egg

Oct 25, 2014
    She's 4 Months I need to check today I'm bringing her inside and getting baby vitamins, Gatorade which I seen on another thread

5. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
  6. ObamaPharell

ObamaPharell New Egg

Oct 25, 2014
    I've Looked She Passed Away Last Night

7. chooks4life

chooks4life Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    Sorry for your loss. She did indeed sound like she was too far gone for anything less than a vet. Always good to try whatever you can, but hard call to make.

Best wishes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by