silkie/old english game hen mix

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by silkies4ever, May 15, 2008.

1. silkies4ever

silkies4ever Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    Anybody have pics of one?

My bantam old english game hen has layed about 12 eggs that I *think* are fertile and she is incubating them and the only potential roo I have is a silkie (he looks like a roo, but he's 8 months old and has never crowed).

I'm wondering what the little devils will look like, so if anybody has a picture of one they can show or knowledge of genetics and guessing appearance based on that that they would like to share, I'd really appreciate it. The silkie is blue, not show quality and the game hen is brown.

If these hatch, the next time I have hen that goes broody, I think I'll stick a few of my polish chicken's eggs under her. That'll make for one funky lookin chicken XD

2. porsche3232

porsche3232 New Egg

May 1, 2012
    I also have some OEGB/ Silkie eggs. I have an Old English Game Cock and a silkie hen and the eggs are due to hatch in about 9 days, so I too would like to know what the chicks will look like.

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    have you candled them to make sure they are fertile?

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    regular feathers, black skin, feathered legs, 5 toes, possibly a poof, either silkie comb or straight

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by