Silkie or Another Type of Roo?

ramsburgchicken

In the Brooder
Jan 15, 2016
Here is one of my favorite Roos. His name is "Chicken Salad". (and no, we don't eat our chickens!) I was told he was a silkie, but after looking at pictures online of other fancy roosters, I'm not seeing any silkie roosters that look like him.
hmm.png
I noticed that the Standard Partridge Cochins kinda look similar? I'd love to get some opinions on what y'all think. Also, since my hens are all silkies (or so I think.. I'm starting to have doubts about some of them now that I've seen other pictures of silkies..) What are the odds that I could get another rooster like this one from a silkie hen?

welcome-byc.gif
He is a crossbred very likely carrying a % of silky blood as indicated by the dark color of his comb. Bred to purebred silky hens, he might produce some silkied chicks. He is a very attractive rooster.

I think he has some silkie in him ( maybe hatchery stock )and also cochin since his feet are very heavily feathered. Don't know where that comb came from? He's is beautiful .I think every breeding is a throw of the dice, so maybe not likely to get another like him.

Back
Top Bottom