Silkie or frizzle chicks?

Jesschickens

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 8, 2011
Does anyone know where I can get either of those chicks from this week? I had 14 chicks hatch yesterday but none of my silikes made it. I would really love to add a couple but I cant find anywhere that has them now

HHandbasket

The Chickeneer
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
El Dorado County, California
I am so sorry to hear your chickies didn't make it.
hugs.gif

Perhaps try making a post in the "Where am I? Where are you?" section and find the thread for the area where you live. If you make a posting there, you'll possibly find someone in your area who has some.

I have silkie eggs in the incubator right now. Two pipped this morning, but there's been nothing since. If you were in my area & I had a good hatch, I'd be more than happy to pass along a couple silkie chicks with a fellow BYCer who lost theirs.

Good luck & I hope you find someone in your area with silkies & frizzles.
smile.png

I have a 4-1/2 week old bantam cochin frizzle rooster I'm gonna have to rehome, but his brother (the one I was gonna keep) is sick and might not make it so I am not sure yet.

Quinn4321

Songster
9 Years
Aug 28, 2010
P.A/M.D border, USA
Frizzles are a feather type where the feathers curl, and occurs in many breeds, one of the most common being cochins. I would assume thats what u are looking for when you say Frizzles?

Jesschickens

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 8, 2011
im on long island NY. It is very hard to find anyone with chickens here, let alone silikes

Top Bottom