Silkie or frizzle chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Jesschickens, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Jesschickens

Jesschickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2011
    Does anyone know where I can get either of those chicks from this week? I had 14 chicks hatch yesterday but none of my silikes made it. I would really love to add a couple but I cant find anywhere that has them now

2. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

I am so sorry to hear your chickies didn't make it. [​IMG]

Perhaps try making a post in the "Where am I? Where are you?" section and find the thread for the area where you live. If you make a posting there, you'll possibly find someone in your area who has some.

I have silkie eggs in the incubator right now. Two pipped this morning, but there's been nothing since. If you were in my area & I had a good hatch, I'd be more than happy to pass along a couple silkie chicks with a fellow BYCer who lost theirs.

Good luck & I hope you find someone in your area with silkies & frizzles. [​IMG]

I have a 4-1/2 week old bantam cochin frizzle rooster I'm gonna have to rehome, but his brother (the one I was gonna keep) is sick and might not make it so I am not sure yet.

3. cfdf

cfdf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    I don't know if you have a Tractor Supply or Atwoods near you but I found Silkies there. Don't know about frizzels.

4. Quinn4321

Quinn4321 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2010
    P.A/M.D border, USA
    Frizzles are a feather type where the feathers curl, and occurs in many breeds, one of the most common being cochins. I would assume thats what u are looking for when you say Frizzles?

5. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    It would definitely help to know where you are located. I know several people around my area that breed and sell silkies regularly.

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

And "Sizzles" are silkies with frizzled feathers.

7. Jesschickens

Jesschickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2011
    im on long island NY. It is very hard to find anyone with chickens here, let alone silikes

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by