Silkie Pictures ~*Sundown Silkies*~

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by SundownWaterfowl, Jul 3, 2010.

1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Some pictures I took a couple days ago. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is cockerel I hatched out in March. So far hes looking good..

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    They are beautiful! [​IMG]

Right now my two 3 week old silkies are the ugliest things! Seriously bad hair days, every day.

Can't wait till they grow up and get beautified. [​IMG]

3. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    [​IMG]

... I hate you.......

No, seriously, when I find a new job I'm coming to you for eggs. Those are the mose GORGEOUS buff silkies ever!

4. Miss Red

Miss Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Trinity, Texas
    I. Want. Eggs. Your birds are gorgy! I'm jealous, my two silkie boys look like poo compared to them.

Especially since I have two boys, and no silkie hens. [​IMG]

5. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh oh oh ! I must have a buff silkie!

I currently have some silkie/ee eggs from emvickrey in the incubator and I can hardly wait till they start hatching, about a week from now. I'm planning their little mobile homes so I can move them around in the yard (very large yard) and a thread by Head Roo is inspiring some personalized house designs... head is bursting with hopes and plans![​IMG]

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Cotton candy with attitude!

7. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    WOW! They are absolutely beautiful! You have done such a good job with your breeding program. [​IMG]

Mine finally started laying about a month ago. They are just now big enough to set. I put a half dozen in the bator earlier this week. We'll see how it goes. I've had 100% fertility on the eggs I have cracked (my dogs have had a lot of egg lately!). We'll see how they hatch out. If all goes well on this end this summer, I figured to send you some eggsonce the weather cools off in early fall (if you still want them).

Thanks for posting the pictures! Your babies are beautiful! [​IMG]

Did I read that you are also working on chocolate silkies? Do you have pictures of your chocolate line? I would love to see what those look like.

8. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Okay so we should stop posting pictures of buffs for my sake, cuz i swear every day i have to talk myself out of buying buff silkie eggs. LOL

9. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Wow, if you had yours this good way back when I was still breeding Buffs I would have gotten some from you and not dropped that color! [​IMG]

10. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Thank you. Nope, no chocolates. I remember reading about somebody on the silkie club forum that was working on a chocolate line. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by