Silkie pullet and cockrel photo..need opinions please

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    This is my blue boy "silver" and my black pullet "Ember" Was wondering if you all could give opinions...good or bad because my son is going to be showing them for a 4H Project and was wondering what you all thought [​IMG] They are about 6 months old now, she is not laying yet. He has correct toes and a nice dark comb.

[​IMG]

2. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Hard to tell from the one pic of their backsides...from what I can see, they look very nice. If they are just as nice from the front, and have heavy foot feathering, they could win. [​IMG]

3. silkielovr

silkielovr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Hi! My two cents worth is that I agree with fattie, but it would be nice to see their faces first.

4. THough1956

THough1956 Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree also, look like the correct size etc, short backed, nice!!

5. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    I agree, from the back, their type looks pretty good. Some frontal shots will be helpful, as well as pics of their feet and the males comb.

It's hard to tell from the pics, but does the male have silver in his hackles? If he does, you should neither show nor breed from him as off coloring can destroy a line.

6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I am working on getting good front shots of them and I will add that on here asap. Thanks much for the input so far. It's the only pic I had at the time but I do think I have a better one of the hen for sure. Their foot feathering is really nice too. I will try to get some better shots for some more opinions. I would love for my son to do well at the show [​IMG]

7. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Yes they look real nice. Beautiful. From what I know about them, their frontal sides are just as nice. And I am sure they have lots of foot feathers. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    I need to see feet pics [​IMG]

9. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Feet pics would be great!!!! [​IMG]

10. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I'm still working on the photos...been working so much haven't had time to get pictures. I don't work till 6pm tomorrow so THAT will be the picture takin day for me. Thanks everyone [​IMG] I did get a pretty good one of his comb and it's a real dark color almost black.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by