Silkie Pullet standing off to the side by herself, head dropping down - UPDATE inside please assist

chinzilla

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 4, 2012
We rehomed a lil cockerel a few days ago and I thought my silkie pullet was simply depressed, but now she is standing off to the side by herself and her head keeps drooping slowly to the ground?

I have searched this whole forum up and down and can't find any answers :/

Last edited:
I also gave her a few drops of antibiotics (I happen to have them from the vet bc of a different pullet) and some polyvisol. Hoping it helps or that someone will have some insight :(

UPDATE: She will NOT eat - not even her favorite (scrambled eggs or bananas - I tried both). She drank a miniscule amount of water. Her poop was watery and green. No other pullet showing ANY symptom of sickness (and they all eat and drink from the same containers).

I WILL take her to the vet tomorrow, however, I am very worried she won't make it until then. She seems incredibly weak.

Try dripping water on her beak, normally they will take in some water that way - she needs to drink, hopefully your vet can help you with whatever is wrong with her - I cannot hazard a guess, could be any number of reasons.

I can only hope that somebody here can help you further - to get her through the night.

So sorry I am of no help!

Suzie

Back
Top Bottom