Silkie pullets or cockerals? ( plus cute pics:)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Leelu13, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Leelu13

Leelu13 Chirping

Nov 17, 2018
    These are my silkie babies that I have wanted forever. Over the moon with them! Hubby got them as a Mothers Day gift the week before on Star Wars Day-hence the names.(yes,I'm a big nerd;) All are a little over six weeks. One I think is definitely a roo ( Solo). Would love to hear what you think!

Attached Files:

CindyinSD and Gilded Feather like this.
  2. Thatothercrazychickenlady

Thatothercrazychickenlady Songster

Jun 1, 2018
    Canada
    I pretty much just came here for the cute pics cause I’m awful at sexing Silkies but I can totally see why you think Solo is a cockerel!

Leelu13 likes this.
  3. Leelu13

Leelu13 Chirping

Nov 17, 2018
    Lol,guilty of the same! I'm a sucker for cute baby chick pics

4. Gilded Feather

Gilded Feather Songster

May 21, 2019
    KY-WV line
    I don’t know, 6 weeks is awfully young to sex silkies accurately. :oops: But if I HAD to guess, Solo and Chewie seem to be cockerels. Skywalker is giving me cockerel vibes as well, but it could just be the angle of the picture. Yoda hopefully will keep with her pullet like looks as she matures. :fl

5. Leelu13

Leelu13 Chirping

Nov 17, 2018
    Lol,that would be my luck
    I have no doubts about Solo,but Chewie stumps me. Of all of them Chewie makes almost NO noise. Very chill. I'm watching for streamer feathers but haven't seen any yet. Skywalker acts the most like a cockeral. Very inquisitive and energetic. Time will tell!

Gilded Feather likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: