Silkie Roo- Good quality? Opinions please*

Funky Feathers

former Fattie
11 Years
Jan 15, 2009
Maryland
My Coop
My Coop
Here is a Buff Silkie Roo I am selling, just want to know how good he is. He is 4-5 months old. Opinions, please:

niceBuffroo1.jpg

niceBuffrootail.jpg

niceBuffroofeet1.jpg

He was purposely bending his toes on the left.

Last edited:
I really like him. His comb has good shape just a little to red for me. Nice toes and feet feathering. Id say BQ or SQ potential. Hes still young and will fill out and his plumage should get better as well.
big_smile.png
Nice ROO

He looks nice but you really cannot tell much from the photos. His comb is too red. He appears to have little black(blue) in his tail which is a plus but his undercolor appears to be too light, almost white which is not desirable and what I have noticed has become an epidemic in the buff silkies around this country, due to continuous striving toward the "clear" buff.
IMO, a clear buff is not worth a darn if the undercolor is almost white. Your just accepting one fault in exchange for another. I recently got a nice buff roo and purposly asked for a bird with black in the tail as he is considerably darker than some of the hens I have (The light undercoat ones)
I am hoping he will balance out any chicks next year.

Thanks Smoky, that's why I am selling out of Buffs. Buff is just too hard to get right. I don't know how anyone can get a perfect clear Buff w/dark skin, combs & wattles. There are so many things you have to watch out for with them. I am going to get into something a little easier- Cochins (bantams)!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom