Silkie roo--splash/lavendar Unusual color

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ShysCreations, Aug 22, 2010.

1. ShysCreations

ShysCreations Chillin' With My Peeps

Available is an excellent rooster, 1 year old & proven breeder. Originated from Bobbi Porto's flock. He's an unusual color. As I don't know his specific parents, I think he's a splash split to lav. He has very very faint buff in his hackle. He has excellent toe spacing on 4th & 5th toes, fully black skin & eyes. Good crest. He's been trimmed on his bum and around his eyes, so when fully feathered even more fluff. Does have a couple feathers in his tail that need more silkiness. Would ship pending temps in each location. Paypal only to [email protected]
    Local pickup welcome, west of Denver.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    and with a daughter from this summer...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2010
  2. cjexotic

cjexotic Cj's Mandarin Ducks

Mar 11, 2008
    Central PA
    Is the daughter splash or lavender can't tell in pic. Thanks cj

3. ShysCreations

She looks to be a light splash. This roo & my splash hens have excellent feet and passed that on to the babies.

4. cjexotic

cjexotic Cj's Mandarin Ducks

Mar 11, 2008
    Central PA
    Have you gotten any lavender babies from him?

5. ShysCreations

He was paired with splash or buff hens so wouldn't have been a chance for lav/lav. The splash babies of his are certainly light, they look to have some dilution. His tail color looks lav. In my photobucket link from My BYC page, has photos of him as a youngster where he's next to a splash for a real color difference.

6. reesepoultry

reesepoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    wahoo....... I won. [​IMG]

I wanted him the first time you listed him..... just not all the other ones.

7. IndigoEgg

IndigoEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats!! I think someone is going to be disappointed they didn't bid, but I'm happy for you!!![​IMG]
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by