Silkie roo with easter eggers, would the babies be ugly?

Shellyb

Songster
10 Years
Apr 25, 2009
I want a roo in with my easter egger chicks, but a nice one. Would the chicks from that breeding be ugly? Anyone have pics? Thanks

I had a white silkie roo in with my bantam EE's.......my mother begged me to hatch some of the eggs out. IMO it was something I should have never done. They weren't my cup of tea but they were kinda cute and kinda scary at the same time. Looked like punk rockers, especially the roos. I will see if I can find some photos.
smile.png

Sorry...no photo just looked. I must have deleted them after I sold them. I did like them they were not flighty and pretty friendly, but the girls from that hatch upon maturity went broody almost immediately upon laying eggs.

Last edited:
I have some that were a white silkie hen x EE rooster.

The babies are strange looking. Don't have any terribly recent pictures. The two big white and black ones are the two silkie/ee chicks.

24277_downsized_0816001916a.jpg

thank you for your responses. I think those birds are cute actually. I think I forgot to mention that they are LF easter eggers. Will that make a difference? Will it cause problems with hatching chicks? Thanks again.

If the silkie is the rooster the only problem i foresee is whether or not he can "get the job done".

I had the opposite....where the hen was the bitty silkie and the rooster was a big ol standard sized EE. So these big ol chicks hatched out of little bantam eggs. Seemed to work fine
old.gif

With mine, the rooster was the silkie and the hens were LF Ameraucanas and EE's. He had absolutely NO problem "getting the job done" - after all, where there's a will there's a way!!! LOL! So, mine came from large blue eggs - and the hens have gone on to lay small/medium sized blue eggs. Hawkeye (my rooster from above) runs with my free range flock now, and I hatched some of his hen's dark brown eggs this past spring and got a few pullets - I'm hoping they'll be olive eggers.

Back
Top Bottom