Silkie Roo's Fighting! I need help.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by NovaAman, Sep 22, 2011.

1. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

I have to many silkies roos. They are all about 4-5 months old. Heres where I need help. I am a big girl, and I don't think they make diapers in my size! I nearly peed myself!

Imagine, 1 New to the yard roo. 3 Been here all along roos. New roo wiggles himself out of his confinement, ditching his brother Mark to wander the pen alone... SO, anyway, Roger, the escapee, wanders his butt on over to where my always been here flock is and proceeds to crow and crow and crow, and this is how I discovered he had escaped. SOO, I go out to get Roger before Mr. Fluffers (My main man Faverolle Roo) finds him. I find Roger in the trees, and chase him on out and as he is walking on back into the yard, he catches Big Head unawares grabs him by the back of his neck and won't let go. I smacked my hands at him and he did. Then he came to me, I think he thought maybe being out wasn't a good idea... SO, I pick him up and lo and behold, here comes Mark. So I get Roger put back and come back for Mark. In the meantime, Big Head, Black Butt, and Little Head, (my 5 yr old named them) come upon Mark, and I saw my first ever Silkie roo cockeral fight. It was so funny! Here are all these 4-5month old roos with their neck feathers all up, wings all out, jumping over top of each other and not a single one making contact! (which I am happy about by the way). Mark decided that this was the perfect time to haul fluffy butt back to his pen, but now he's stupid scared and can't figure out how to get back in, so he's running circles. OMG. Silkies are the best.

No, I didn't really pee my pants.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by