Silkie Roos

cherndon712

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 1, 2008
WY
Are they just naturally buttheads? Mine is a royal pain, and attacks any and everything it sees (even weeds blowing in the wind!) The cocky little bugger tried to attack my steer...THAT didn't go over very well!! He's okay, just got chased for about an acre!!!

Since I've only had this little dude for less than two weeks I don't know. But this little Silkie Roo is so sweet that I can't keep him! (I needed a more 'manly' Roo.) He follows me around, is very smart - he waits at the "people" door of my hen house because I put him on that side instead of with my vicious girls at night. When one of my hens went at him he let her win the attack and is thus at the bottom of the totem pole here.

I do love the little dude... I'm still looking for a good home for him. I can't believe how he wormed his way into my heart in such a short time. Now I have to have Silkies and am including some in my spring order.

Some silkie roos are just more fiesty than other. I have some sweeties and some not. Most of them are sweet though

I agree, silkie roos tend to go either way. I have a feisty one that flogged me once, but now he just runs from me. I have another one who loves to be pet and is always happy to see me.

Jody

silkie roos are sepposed to b very sweet.in your case, i really don't know what to say..
_alex...luck!

Well I have my two silkies inside...Let them out once a day to run around...But today he attacked and really injured my duchess bun bun...She's pregnant so it scared the bejesus out of me!! Then he started picking at my hen, pulling so hard she would squak like she was dying!

Back
Top Bottom