Silkie Rooster in Davidson County Nashville- needs to be rehomed.

Katemae12

In the Brooder
Oct 30, 2017
Hi there!

I hate to do this, I work in animal medicine. I have many rescue animals (some of my chickens are rescues). I got baby chickens and one of them turned out to be a rooster. Unfortunately in Davidson County (Nashville) they are illegal. I’m trying to find him a good, safe and loving home. He isn’t overly friendly towards humans but isn’t mean. I can send photos if someone is interested. I’d like to find a home in Nashville or close.

Hi there!

I hate to do this, I work in animal medicine. I have many rescue animals (some of my chickens are rescues). I got baby chickens and one of them turned out to be a rooster. Unfortunately in Davidson County (Nashville) they are illegal. I’m trying to find him a good, safe and loving home. He isn’t overly friendly towards humans but isn’t mean. I can send photos if someone is interested. I’d like to find a home in Nashville or close.
That's very commendable! I hope you can find a good home for him. :fl

Hi there!

Do you still have your silkie rooster? If so could you send a pic and tell me about his temperament. I live in Memphis TN not to far from you. I'm looking to get a rooster to protect my ladies. I've lost 2 this winter to hawks. As of now I have 8 Isa browns. I'm on the lookout to get more chickens, hopefully silkies, trying to rescue instead of purchasing. I decided to upgrade their coop so I'm in the process of turning my shed into a coop. I thought it would just take a weekend but turns out turning a shed into a coop is a big project so if you allow me to rehome your baby then it might take me a week or 2 to get him.

Back
Top Bottom