Silkie Rooster - Presumed Lavender?

TillyRoo

Chirping
Nov 13, 2019
Devon
Hi all,

Only just joined and already I cannot contain my chicken questions.

This is HoneyB, he was our first hatchling and egg was labelled 'Lavender' although to my very untrained silkie eyes, he seems to not be one? Any advice given is greatly appreciated. I've drained Google images but have not found one similar!
20191112_111334.jpg

(Hopefully you're able to see the picture I've tried to upload)

Last edited:
Hmmm...
I'm not a color expert, and Silkie colors kind of confuse me anyways. All of my Silkies are white. I can say that's a different color than my lavendar Eng Orph pullet. Regardless, he's very attractive.

Welcome to BYC by the way!

This is my Eng Orph for reference.
20191109_164321.jpg

Hmmm...
I'm not a color expert, and Silkie colors kind of confuse me anyways. All of my Silkies are white. I can say that's a different color than my lavendar Eng Orph pullet. Regardless, he's very attractive.

Welcome to BYC by the way!

This is my Eng Orph for reference.
View attachment 1958464

Thank you very much, that's a beautiful colour of your Eng Orph.

I'm finding the Silkie colours very difficult to identify, we have a pure White Silkie and a Red, they are the only two I am sure of, ha ha.

Thank you very much, that's a beautiful colour of your Eng Orph.

I'm finding the Silkie colours very difficult to identify, we have a pure White Silkie and a Red, they are the only two I am sure of, ha ha.
Don't feel bad lol. One of ours is only a couple of weeks old, and was multicolored before its feathers grew out. I was told it was white. I thought everyone was crazy... Yup, it sure enough is white.

Don't feel bad lol. One of ours is only a couple of weeks old, and was multicolored before its feathers grew out. I was told it was white. I thought everyone was crazy... Yup, it sure enough is white.

Its amazing to watch them change isnt it? Our little white silkie was labelled as a white (as we just asked for mixed eggs) and this big ball of brown fluff hatched, I never thought she would be snow white! But she's so white now!
20191001_161051.jpg

Its amazing to watch them change isnt it? Our little white silkie was labelled as a white (as we just asked for mixed eggs) and this big ball of brown fluff hatched, I never thought she would be snow white! But she's so white now!
View attachment 1958483
Lol, I'm glad im not the only omw who thought their white Silkie was a different color.

Our 2 older Silkies came from a show breeder and where already feathered out. Very pretty and very white.

This is our chick, but it came from a feed store so I figured it was mislabeled, or even sub par breeding. At $4 ( 1/5 the price of the other 2) though I was willing to risk w/e color it might be.
20191113_190027.jpg

Lol, I'm glad im not the only omw who thought their white Silkie was a different color.

Our 2 older Silkies came from a show breeder and where already feathered out. Very pretty and very white.

This is our chick, but it came from a feed store so I figured it was mislabeled, or even sub par breeding. At $4 ( 1/5 the price of the other 2) though I was willing to risk w/e color it might be.
View attachment 1958493

Bless her, she looks as though she will be beautiful though. We've not been able to find anywhere local to us who have Silkies, so we had to venture a little further to a breeder.

That's my little Rex when she hatched, and the big Rooster is behind her who looks greyish!

20191114_001505.jpg

Bless her, she looks as though she will be beautiful though. We've not been able to find anywhere local to us who have Silkies, so we had to venture a little further to a breeder.

That's my little Rex when she hatched, and the big Rooster is behind her who looks greyish!

View attachment 1958501
That's freaking adorable! That might be the first red Silkie hatchling I've seen. I just want to hug it.
:love:love:love

Back
Top Bottom