Silkie rooster vs. exchequer leghorn hen

KYchickengirl326

In the Brooder
May 28, 2022
I seem to be having a problem with my Silkie rooster picking on my exchequer leghorn hen. He doesn’t hurt the other hens but if he sees this one in particular he will peck her on her head and eyeballs and chase her around the yard. Is there anything I can do to stop this behavior? Or is there a certain reason he may be doing this?

Does she let him mount her or does she run from him? How bad is the pecking? Is he injuring her and making her bleed? How much room do they have in the coop and run? Can she get away from him when she needs to?

Does she let him mount her or does she run from him? How bad is the pecking? Is he injuring her and making her bleed? How much room do they have in the coop and run? Can she get away from him when she needs to?
The last time I seen it, she squatted down to let him but he didn’t he just continued to peck at her head. She doesn’t seem to have any injuries but her head is going bald. They free range most of the day, and their coop is 10x12 and their run is 10x20. There’s only 8 of them. She has plenty of places to run to, it’s just literally whenever he sees her he tries to get her. She’s got to the point she barely will come out of the coop.

Back
Top Bottom