Silkie - ?? Rooster

Lodrjfur

Chirping
Aug 23, 2020
Sacramento, CA
From what I have read it is very hard to determine Silkie sex until several months old. I have 2 silkies - one is aprox 6 weeks, the other aprox 7. The 7 week old one has a much more pronounced comb and waddles. Is that something you would see this early as an indication it is a Rooster in a Silkie? The tan one is the 7 week old and the one in question - the white is the 6 week old. The tan one did not have waddles even a fee days ago, but did have a more pronounced comb.
7020131D-EABF-487F-A1DC-7684C9477805.jpeg
4F3BE603-C809-48F0-9CD8-1FE789CAB9AE.jpeg

Oh yes, your buff colored one is definitely a boy!😊
Agree with Sourland that the white one is questionable. Does have a little bit of the slicked back crest that you see in boys but Silkies will fool you and it is way too early to be sure.😊

Oh yes, your buff colored one is definitely a boy!😊
Agree with Sourland that the white one is questionable. Does have a little bit of the slicked back crest that you see in boys but Silkies will fool you and it is way too early to be sure.😊

That stinks. I can’t keep Roosters where I live 😕

That stinks. I can’t keep Roosters where I live 😕
Well don’t be too hasty. You have time to rehome the roosters as they normally don’t crow until they are three or four months old and that also will give you time to determine what gender the white one is!😊

Back
Top Bottom