Silkie rooster

Dodgealot

Hatching
Nov 21, 2021
Only one of our silkie eggs hatched from day one it was pecking the incubator when we approached it so we decided to put him (as we know now) in the indoor brooder that I built he was so lonely we bought 2 one day old chicks for company they got on well for about 6 weeks then started to peck him so the 2 were put in the outside coup as he was going to be an inside pet chick I built him a coup as he is so. Loving I take him out everyday and he walks by my side and never wonders away and when I sit down on the grass he comes and sits on my knee and cuddles in hee is now 6 months old he let me trim his feathers around his eyes cut his nails and trim his beak no problem in the evening he jumps up on to myy seat climbs up my body till his face touches mine he'll sit for hours getting petted making weird noises now he knows when I put the recliner down its bed time now he gets angry and has drawn blood a few times when he said bites me in rage he's turned into a jekyll and Hyde only at bedtime does he love me or hate me

Attachments

• IMG_20211118_202713.jpg
    IMG_20211118_202713.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 2
Apparently periods are overrated. . . . . . . Very sweet boy! Are you asking how to get him and the flock back together without fighting?

Back
Top Bottom