1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Silkie Sale, flock reduction - Catdance Silkies

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by kelar, Sep 11, 2013.

1. kelar

kelar Songster

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    I need to seriously reduce the numbers of birds I have right now, so am seeking good homes for some very nice birds at very reasonable prices. I have a number of birds to be placed into special homes and don't want to use CL for these placements, so if you are local and want to adopt a special needs Silkie, please pm or email me. I have the following available:
    Silkie chicks: $2-$5, pet quality or oddball colors from my lavender and/or paint breedings
    Free cockerels, most are at least BQ, but not SQ
    2 silver/blue/cinnamon pullets from one of my lavender/porcelain projects, $20 each
    Free pet quality juvenile porcelain pair (not breeding quality)
    Several breeding quality roosters that I've kept as back up breeders, most of these are whites
    A lav/lav split breeding group consisting of lav split hens and 2 lavender roosters
    Three 6 month old special needs pullets, a lav, a silver gened white and a blue. These girls have minor neurological problems and are FREE, but must go to a special non-breeding home UPDATE - THESE GIRLS HAVE BEEN PLACED:)
    Probably have some others I'm not think of right now, pm if you are looking for something in particular. These birds are pick up ONLY. I am in southwest Washington state, northeast of Vancouver and the Portland metro area.

Here are the 3 free special needs pullets:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Free lavender split cockerel: Update, rehomed, no longer available

[​IMG]

silver/blue/cinnamon pullet from lav/porclain project

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  2. Pick up only...from where?

3. kelar

kelar Songster

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    Sorry, have done an edit - I'm in southwest Washington state, northeast of the Vancouver/Portland metro area:)

4. kimfeatherfriends123

kimfeatherfriends123 Songster

Feb 26, 2010
    boonville, in
    Are these all pick up only birds for sale?

5. Drat. I'm in MI, kind of a long drive. But I looked at your Silkies on your site and they are gorgeous. We have two, a pure white with a tophat so big you can't see her eyes at all and a black. Hope your birds find a good home.

6. lindy

lindy Songster

Sep 6, 2009
    Oregon
    Wow they are sure pretty. I have one splash catdance girl and I love her...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: