Silkie/Serama cockerel--possible chocolate--auction

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Smokin Silkies, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Smokin Silkies

Smokin Silkies formerly browneyebuttafly

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    I have up for auction a Silkie/Serama cockerel. Father is Chocolate split frizzle Serama roo from Pixie Chick and mother is pure Black Silkie hen from Aimee Crego. I'm working on a chocolate Silkie project and I have too many boys. This boy is black and could carry the chocolate gene from his father. Test breeding him will tell.

I couldn't get neither of them to hold still for pics but I managed to get a few decent ones of them.

Shipping will be $55

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  2. Lorilyn Farms

Lorilyn Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    Rogue River, Oregon
    He's the silkie? He looks chocolate. Are you sure he's black? Am I looking at the right bird? The last one, silkified?
    Okay, he's the first one. He looks dark chocolate too. Can you take more pictures?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  3. Smokin Silkies

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    The bird thats free is the first one. He is black for sure, he has the beetle green sheen to him. I can take more pics later if you'd like. The other pics are of his parents.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  4. Smokin Silkies

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    I took another pic but it was when they ran into the dog house :/ I'll try to get better pics of him. This was in the dark with a flash on. I have 2 of these boys and they look identical to each other. Both free to good homes and both a possible chocolate carrier. Shipping for both is $65 if your interested in one or both of them :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by