Silkie Sexing Game *update*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by scarletbaby, Aug 16, 2010.

1. scarletbaby

scarletbaby Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2010
    *update* It looks like Loddie Da won!!! All of them are girls. I plan on getting some pictures tomorrow so people can try to sex their own silkies by comparison.

Hi all of you silkie sexitists
    I was wondering if you guys wanted to play a little game. I have 4 silkies, different colors but all of them are 6 weeks old. I know it is far too early to accurately sex them at this age but I thought it might be fun to just guess and see what they turn out to be in a couple more months. The person that guesses them all correctly gets the pretend " Number 1 sexer" trophy. Here are the pics:

This is Marlyn Monroe, she is the loudest and the biggest. She is shy around people but loves being around her sisters.
    [​IMG]

This is Buttercup. She is a little follower. She loves hanging around Marlyn her best buddy.
    [​IMG]

This is Ebony my favorite. She is the smallest but the friendliest. She is very dainty when she eats and loves to be the first one for treats.
    [​IMG]

Here is Ginger the most daring of all of them. She loves being with her sister Ebony. She is curious and daring just like Ebony. Oh and she loves to steal treats from her sisters.
    [​IMG]

Here are some group pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  2. GHOST_USER_NAME

GHOST_USER_NAME New Egg

Oct 10, 2010
    Thanks you for the post.

3. henney penny

henney penny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
    All pullets except ebony.Just a guess,i have silkies to and it is very hard to guess

4. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    cant help. not a clue.
    I have 14 here that have me guessing.

5. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    they all look like boys to me....of course, I have a 50-50 chance of being right [​IMG]

6. Marlyn and Buttercup are roos! [​IMG]

7. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Buttercup, Ebony and Ginger are roo's [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I want to win [​IMG]

8. scarletbaby

scarletbaby Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2010
    This is a 3 month update and i was wondering if anyone could guess their sex for reals this time. Im pretty sure Marlyn and buttercup are girls but im clueless as to what ebony and ginger are. Here are some pics (if the pics are not good enough then i can get more tomorrow):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I'm thinking Ebony is a boy, the rest are girls. [​IMG]

10. Loddie Da

Loddie Da Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2007
    Troy, New York
    I think that they all are females, but maybe one of the black maybe a boy, but I still am thinking female.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by