Jes78b

Chirping
Oct 26, 2018
Okay... so it's been a minute...but I'm gonna try to create a post and add pictures..pause for dramatic effect... of my chicks at 8 weeks old.
This is clutch of 9, lovely mixed breed chicks. Dad is a buff bearded silkie and mom is a mix also of blue silkie and very golden EE. She is a beautiful blue with muffs beard top knot, oh yeah, and she is sitting again..so no pic right now.

I have an idea but, as we all know, sometimes our wishes are blinders to reality.
If wishes were horses beggars would ride.

Help me sex these guys please!
They have all kinda combs and feathers, I love them just the same. I wanna start naming them and I've waited to long.

Two hours later, and I've taken pics of them all. *sigh*
I have two pictures of the black and white barred, penciled looking "gal", because I really want that to be a hen.
The last photo wouldn't load. So I will try again when then sun hits the pines.
But, I'm kinda sure its probably, well maybe, a roo. Looks like mom, but that walnut comb looks like a bee sting, so idk?

Thank you in advance. Any help is appreciated.
20200609_152311.jpg
20200609_152005.jpg
20200609_151736.jpg
20200609_151351.jpg
20200609_151314.jpg
20200609_151105.jpg
20200609_150751.jpg
20200609_150910.jpg
20200609_150736.jpg

I unfortunately do not know enough about Silkies or crosses to help you ID them. But I can say thank you for taking the time to take separate pictures of all of them. Hopefully someone more experienced with the breed than myself can pop in and help you out.

Okay... so it's been a minute...but I'm gonna try to create a post and add pictures..pause for dramatic effect... of my chicks at 8 weeks old.
This is clutch of 9, lovely mixed breed chicks. Dad is a buff bearded silkie and mom is a mix also of blue silkie and very golden EE. She is a beautiful blue with muffs beard top knot, oh yeah, and she is sitting again..so no pic right now.

I have an idea but, as we all know, sometimes our wishes are blinders to reality.
If wishes were horses beggars would ride.

Help me sex these guys please!
They have all kinda combs and feathers, I love them just the same. I wanna start naming them and I've waited to long.

Two hours later, and I've taken pics of them all. *sigh*
I have two pictures of the black and white barred, penciled looking "gal", because I really want that to be a hen.
The last photo wouldn't load. So I will try again when then sun hits the pines.
But, I'm kinda sure its probably, well maybe, a roo. Looks like mom, but that walnut comb looks like a bee sting, so idk?

Thank you in advance. Any help is appreciated.
View attachment 2185571View attachment 2185575View attachment 2185576View attachment 2185578View attachment 2185592View attachment 2185634View attachment 2185635View attachment 2185636View attachment 2185638

Thank you for your reply.
I'm kinda leaning towards 2 cockerel.
Do you think a roo would try to top another roo?

I unfortunately do not know enough about Silkies or crosses to help you ID them. But I can say thank you for taking the time to take separate pictures of all of them. Hopefully someone more experienced with the breed than myself can pop in and help you out.

I am in the same spot. I have six 3 week old silkies and no matter how many youtube videos i watch I can't figure out what they are.

I am in the same spot. I have six 3 week old silkies and no matter how many youtube videos i watch I can't figure out what they are.
Silkies are notoriously hard to sex, from what I've seen around here. Apparently you have to wait almost until they crow or lay an egg!

Back
Top Bottom